At four months there will be another well child exam – immunizations will be given at this visit. Your child will become more active and verbal. Babies this age will sleep about 15 hours a day. A set sleep schedule is not often achieved by this age, having a consistent bedtime routine will help to establish a schedule. Bedtime routines may include giving a bath, singing a song, reading a book, and hugging goodnight.
At four months most infants will:
- Smiles, laughs and squeals
- On stomach, holds head erect and raises chest on hands
- Rolls over from stomach to back
- Opens hands, grasps rattles and toys
- Reaches for and bat objects
- Recognizes parent’s voice and touch